Names of data controller
The Warwickshire Cricket League
Mail: C/o the General Manager
2 Turlands Close
Phone: 07956 552938
Categories of personal data
We collect the following data
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Email address
- Are you over 18?
- Club name
- Role at club or league
For some of our members, additional information is held
- such as committee memberships,
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks - done with the knowledge and permission of the individual
- Information relating to disciplinary matters and complaints.
The GDPR refers to sensitive personal information as “special categories of personal data”.The league does not hold such data about you.
Sources of personal data
- Emails to the General Manager
- Data entered by your club or yourself on Play-Cricket and then shared with us
- Online input into the league web site at www.warcl.org
- Information legally shared with us by the county board and the ECB
Purposes of processing
The WCL will process your personal data for the purposes of:
- the administration of your membership; internal recordkeeping; the communication of information to you, including sending notices of general meetings, subscription administration and renewals and the organisation of competitions and events such as AGMs and dinners
- To enable communication between the clubs in the league by publishing contact data on the league web site, Play-Cricket and in the league handbook
- Administering fixtures and scoring cricket matches
- Play-Cricket registrations
- Quality and improvement monitoring via surveys to you from the league
- For those who have participated in, or won, an event, photographs may be taken, with your consent, for use in our publications. More general photographs of events may also be stored for such use and made available to you.
Who we will disclose your personal data to
The Management Committee members and their appointed subcommittees have access to your personal information for the legitimate purposes of running the league.
In addition we may disclosure your data for the reasons above to
- The regional County Cricket Boards
- Other local leagues
- The ECB
- Our website provider Fasthosts and The ECB Play-Cricket support team may from time to time be able to see your data when doing problem determination.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- Administration: that it is necessary to fulfil the running of the league in line with the league constitution and regulations.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build and run the league cricket in Warwickshire.
Your right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to withdraw consent to use your information at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
- We will remove or change personal information displayed on our web site and stored elsewhere on request but note this may affect the ability of other clubs to communicate with you.
- You may limit your contact details, but we do need to retain at least one method of contacting each club by telephone and email for you to enjoy the benefits of membership.
- We do not pass your information to 3rd parties for marketing purposes, should we wish to do so in the future we will seek your specific consent to this.
Location of your personal data
- Personal information is primarily stored on the database on the league website host on Fasthosts.
- Supplementary information is stored in Play-Cricket
- Personal contact information to enable the sending of emails is stored on the General Manager’s computer and is encrypted
- No information is stored outside of the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
- We will normally destroy information not required for the above purposes after 2 years.
- In the case of disciplinary issues we may keep these on file for 2 years after the end of any ban
- We will keep data longer if safeguards or legal timeframe demand we do so. We will inform you if we intend to do this.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
- You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
- If you want to see the information we hold about you on our web site or any other information we hold about you beyond that which is available on-line, you should contact the General Manager by letter or email with your request. If you are interested in any particular aspect, specifying that aspect will help us to provide you with what you need quickly and efficiently. We are required to provide this to you within one month. There is not usually a fee for this, though the League can charge a reasonable fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or for requests for further copies of the same information.
Use of our Website
- If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com .
- You can also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.